Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dan!

He is a loving, supportive husband.
He is a proud and immensely patient father.
He is a helluva homemade cheesecake baker.
And he even does his own laundry, too.
He is also the kindest, most outgoing person I have ever known.
He never met anyone who didn't immediately become his friend.
I know at some point in my life, August 26 was just another day.
That time is so far back that I can no longer remember.
He's magically woven his way into every fiber of my past.
No matter where I've been and what I've done, he was there.
Even before he was there.
Forty-eight years ago today, my very best friend was born.
The half of me that makes me whole.
My trusty co-pilot.
My partner in crime.
I celebrate him today with heart and arms open wide.

No comments: