Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 16,586 Gratitude

Today I am so grateful ...

To watch The Brothers Keefe be 17 again in the Turpin versus Anderson alumni basketball game. They played their hearts out (and likely did fair damage to their knees and lower backs as well), but they brought home a winner for Turpin High, had a great time, and earned money for a good cause in the process.

For the first of a 2-day Level 1 Reiki and Reiki for Animals class. It's such an honor and privilege to teach this technique. I look forward to Day 2 tomorrow.

For Girl Scout cookies. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

For getting my Moop bag assembled for travels near and far. It's now my day-to-day super purse. Since the first of this year, I've been juggling multiple calendars and journals. It was fine at first but then I started feeling bogged down. Inspiration became replaced by shoulds. I'm now on a streamlining and simplification rampage. I made the decision to keep my calendar on my Blackberry synched to my laptop's Outlook, just in case something unfortunate should befall my phone. Now I'm carrying around my sketchbook journal everywhere, all of the time, for capturing everything. I still have a separate journal that stays at home for my morning pages. I don't know if I'll transfer this practice to my sketchbook journal or not. I want what's in there to be open to the potential for public consumption. The purpose of morning pages is to let it all hang out in private ... to let what wants to come up come out, be it ugly, petty, whiney, crazy or (most likely) just plain boring. No judgment. So, with that said, I'll keep them separate and just see how it goes.

Please share with me what you're grateful for right now AND if you are inclined to share the nitty-gritty of your journaling or morning pages practice, please do!

1 comment:

Mr. Kev said...

Like the post but mostly like the fact that word verification for this post includes the word "rout"!