Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 16,842 Gratitude

They say, "There are two lasting gifts that we can give our children. One is roots and the other, wings." Well, I think the very same advice can be applied to marriage ... "children" interchangable with "spouse."

Over the past two decades, Dan has generously given me roots and wings. There are so many opportunities, endeavors and adventures that I never would have accepted or attempted without his unwaivering support, encouragement and triple-dog-dares. Not once has he ever questioned or doubted my ability to go for whatever I've wanted, regardless of how crazy unconventional those whatevers have been. Best of all, he knows exactly how and when to bring me back in for a safe landing, despite the turbulence sometimes faced upon re-entry.

I'm a very lucky and grateful girl. And I can only hope and wish that I've returned the favor.

No comments: