Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 16,829 Gratitude

Yesterday, before sunset, my husband and I took a walk around Withrow Nature Preserve which is just a few miles from our house. The trail around and through this little pocket of wooded and meadowed goodness takes about 45 minutes to navigate. I emerged from it with a full heart that had felt shrivelly small upon entry. It is becoming clearer and clearer to me that walks outside this winter is the code cracker. They will be the key to keeping myself centered. I won't always want to do it and the weather will provide ample excuses to avoid it, but the better I am at rising to occasions to get outside and do so, the better off that I will be emotionally in the long run.

Other things for which I am feeling grateful today ...

Fridays on Thursdays and the goodness that is a three-day weekend.
The welcome return of oatmeal and raisins for breakfast.
Blank canvases and second chances -- not always two different things.

No comments: