Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 16,936: While He's Been Away


I must confess that I'm not a huge fan of my husband traveling for work.  It isn't so much that I need him with me all of the time.  I'm a self-sufficient, fully capable and resourceful kind of gal.  We certainly aren't stitched together at the hip.  And, well, I love that we can journey into this world separately with the knowing that the fort is always well-held.  It's just that life is better when he's right here.  Everything is better.  And the fact that I can say that after being together for almost 25 years and married for 20 of them means a lot.  

So while he has been away over this long weekend, I have divided my time between a sofa nest yesterday (the cozy likes of which needed to be seen to be believed) and hunkering down in the Workshop for wrapping and a dear friend's Reiki treatment today.  I had big plans for the entire weekend to be all art, but it didn't dawn on me how exhausted I was until I finally stopped spinning and sat the heck down for a sec.  Once I was down, I couldn't get back up.  Not a bad thing at all.  I needed that well-filling break.

The beauty above was born at my workbench today.  This Moss Agate was yet another stone in the wrapping queue since 2004.  It continues to blow my mind how long I've had so many of these stones and delight me that, on some level or another, I must've been waiting for this copper wire all along.  My style is evolving.  The Moss Agate bead is an interesting addition to the design.  My marching orders were clear.  It just had to be there.  If you've any idea why, please let me know.

With my husband in Atlanta and my daughter away for the day, I took this evening to treat myself especially well.  I bravely weathered a trip to the grocery store for provisions.  I came home with fixings for Butternut Squash and Apple soup, a lovely salad of baby romaine, carrots and raspberries (with my homemade miso vinaigrette - yum!), as well as my favorite cabernet to sip through the prep process.  I lit a candle.  There was music.  It was a lovely way to end a love-filled day.

What's been tripping your gratitude trigger this weekend?

No comments: