Friday, October 31, 2008

This is Not a Trick

When I started wire-wrapping crystal and gemstone pendants five years ago, it wasn't so much because I felt compelled to make jewelry. To be honest, I just loved the rocks. To see them. To touch them. They make me feel like a kid again. Memories flood back of my first rock collection ... a dozen different stones glued to a card with their names ... purchased at a gift shop in Gatlinburg on a family vacation in the 70s.

Taking the Melody classes and becoming a Master Crystologist gave me a greater appreciation for what these treasures may be able to offer us. And then I found myself compelled to become a matchmaker, of sorts ... to present the crystals and gemstones in such a way that they could be attracted to those who would enjoy and benefit from their beauty and energies. Alas, a wrapper was born.

I know. I know. If you're not into it, this sounds very woo-woo, very weird. "What can a rock around my neck do for me?" you ask. Well, that depends entirely on you and how you feel about it. Personally, anytime that I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and and keep an open mind, miracles happen.

Now don't go thinking that I'm promising miracles. I'm not. I can't. Those kinds of things are between you and something WAY bigger than me. I'm just doing my best to be a helper.

So, on that note, I just want to let you know that this helper has reduced the I-AMulets in the shop to their wholesale prices. I don't know for how long. Hopefully, until they all find homes. They can't work their magic if they are sitting softly in their jewel boxes in my workshop. They are supposed to be out in the world, being worn, being loved. So I invite you to explore the shop and see if any beckon you. There has never been a better time.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: