Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Nourish

Do you know Karen Knowler, the Raw Food Coach? Trust me, you don't need to be a raw foodist to benefit from the wisdom generously shared in her weekly Successfully Raw newsletter. In the most recent feature article, Winter in the Raw - Part I, she invites us to contemplate the following:

"How can I use the darkness, coldness and mystery of the winter to nourish myself at a deeper level via my food choices, my lifestyle habits and the way I utilise this special time of year to reflect on who I am and who I am becoming?"

You already know about my S.A.D.ness. The ride between November and February feels very long, dark and cold. It isn't easy to adhere to a predominantly high raw food lifestyle. (No, I'm not a vegan or even vegetarian, but that's another post for another day.) And some days it is darn near impossible to get my fa-la-la-la-la on, if you know what I mean. If I could hibernate, I would. Gladly.

But Karen's words have given me pause and I find myself willing to explore this winter as a time for nourishment. I hope that they help you too.

No comments: