Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 16,120

The approach of winter always seems to bring me back around to the blog. I begin by poking it to see if there may be signs of stirring. When I scrape off a bit of the bark, I see bright green. There's hope. Thank goodness. There's always hope.

We have fewer than 40 days left in 2009 and I have already begun my review. Things didn't unfold the way that I had expected this year, but that's the thing with setting goals and making plans. Always best to be gentle and keep them flexible, because the river is gonna go where the river chooses to flow.

I look forward to fully absorbing what I have learned and experienced and carrying that wisdom with me into 2010. I have already crafted my intentions for the new year and feel excited yet somewhat surprised at what has welled up within me in the process. More than intentions, they feel like invitations to me. Calling me forward and yet back to a path that had been all but abandoned. Always hope. Always.

I look forward to sharing the unfolding here with you. Step by step. Day by day. Maybe we will make some serendipitous discoveries along the way.

No comments: