Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 16,853 Gratitude

And so this long weekend of thankfulness comes to a wet and sleepy close. There was plenty of time with family and friends, but also ample time for quiet contemplation and much needed rest.

For the last week, Dan and I have been using Livestrong.com to help us safely navigate our way through the start of this holiday eat-and-potato season. Their iPhone App has been an unbelievably helpful tool. See, I never worked off the weight that I gained last winter and then I added more since. Considering my family history of high blood pressure and high cholesterol, I would much rather make lifestyle changes than take medication for a lifetime. So here I am now, reading labels and being sobered by what one serving really looks like. All for the best, though ... all for the best.

I am eagerly awaiting my shipment of copper wire so that I can get back to wrapping. Things the last few months have not gone as planned, but that in no way implies that they've gone wrong. I have a feeling that it will all be well worth the weight wait.

No comments: