Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 16,981: Lightened Load


A lot like this photo I took the summer of 2006, I feel in the in-between.  I've crawled out of shell.  My wings are unfurled.  But letting go of what no longer serves me, exciting though it may be, is also scary and a little sad.  I welcome change with a nod and a shrug.  It's just how I'm wired.   

A chunk of the day was spent deleting e-mails and text messages from my iPhone 3GS that date so far back that I'm too ashamed to confess specifics.  I had taken comfort in having history at my finger tips.  As I recently told a friend, I am a hoarder of minutiae ... the bits and bytes of day-to-day life that most others would cast away.  A handwritten letter lover at heart, these modern day means of communication and connection are treasures to me.  But as they say, you can't take them with you when you go.  In this case, go = transition to a new cell phone carrier and upgrade to the iPhone 4S.

There is a lot to be said for clean slates and fresh starts.  Spring begs for such.  No one ever complains about traveling with a lightened load.  There's good incentive not to drag so much of the past with me wherever I go ... even if it's only in the palm of my hand.

Cheers to freedom ... in whatever way you need it!   

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thank you for the sweet comment on Denise's blog. I am so glad to hear you are letting your wings unfurl, and I LOVE your drawings... even the dog-pig one. ;) xoxox LL