Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 17,620 Gratitude: Creature Comforts


In the midst of a winter storm, the things for which I'm feeling most grateful take the form of creature comforts ... the reliability of our furnace, yes, when the thermometer reads 19 degrees ... and soft things, good music, hot tea and nourishment borne of the oven, especially.  I received an essential oil diffuser for Christmas this year.  It's rocking (and relaxing) my world.  I've been enjoying Purification for the better part of the day.  I'm gearing up to crochet beside a blazing fire tonight.

Joy, magic, beauty, pleasures and happy surprises don't always show up in grand form each day ... but they do show up.  Always.  For this I am so grateful.

(Please share with me what you are most grateful for today.  Gratitude begets gratitude, so don't be shy.)

3 comments:

amy said...

I am grateful for a heated water container for the chickens. :)

atticbird104 said...

Most grateful for the ability to chat in the roaring glow of the computer screen. :) And bacon swaddled shrimp.

Susie said...

Snow tires on my car to get us home safely from a Dr appt this afternoon.