Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cali-bound

The Workshop has been quiet this month. I think I have been resting up for Reiki Teacher training, which begins this Friday. Wow. Friday. Can you believe it? I have been looking forward to this journey for many months. Having never been to California, I imagine that I’ll feel like Dorothy in Oz. This isn’t a bad thing. We need to put ourselves in unfamiliar surroundings sometimes. It’s good for the Inner Artist. Good for the soul.

My trusty Canon G9 is ready to go. So is my beloved Lomo. With Jen’s encouragement and the assistance of a YouTube tutorial, I held my breath and loaded film in my Holga for the very first time, but have decided to leave her at home. Yeah, I know, I know, but it really boils down to a matter of space and time. I don’t want to be so busy taking photos of the experience that I miss the experience of the experience. Know what I mean? I learned my lesson in Arizona. Came home with some amazing photographs, but felt like I only saw it all through a lens. I never took the time to really let myself just be there. With that said, two cameras will be more than enough for this trip.

If free time allows, I may start posting the digital shots to Flickr while I’m away, so check here later this week: http://www.flickr.com/photos/juloftheday
_________________________________
And, hey, before I go, I just want to apologize for the fact that I can't figure out why my feed doesn't seem to work ... at least per Feedburner. I know it's a pain in the butt to keep checking if I've updated. I do appreciate it, though. Very much. If you have any idea what the problem might be, please let me know.

No comments: