Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 16,196

APPRECIATING ...
How much these two make me smile or full-on crack up every single day. That's a brand new bedspread and they'll tell you with their cattitude that I bought it just for them. They prop themselves up against MY pillow to cuddle and clean each other all the live-long day. Tansy and Garrett were sweethearts at the shelter years ago and not a whole lot has changed. Always nice to have someone to depend upon ... especially if they can get to those places that we can't reach on our own.





CELEBRATING ...
Hmm, what am I celebrating today? The fact that I'm not letting myself squirm my way out of going to yoga class tonight. But I'm telling you, people, it's cold here. Maybe even too cold to be lying flat on the floor somewhere that requires to me to get to by car. Getting in the car means going outside. Going outside means getting cold. But I'm reminding myself of how much better I'll feel after I go to class and how lousy I'll feel if I miss it. So I'm halfway dressed and ready to go which, as far as I'm concerned, is halfway there.

BASKING ...
In the possibility of a snow day tomorrow. Okay, really, I'm a bit tired of it all. February can hurry up and be overwith as far as I'm concerned. We have a complicated relationship, this month and me. But the idea of the three of us being snowbound at home together for the day is appealing. So, okay, fine, let it snow. Again. But don't be stingy with spring either.

SAVORING ...
Thermal underthings. Flannel sheets. Wise words from a friend. Patience with an ever-changing gameplan. Cup after cup of hot tea.

PRAISING ...
All of the men and women who have been working so hard this winter to keep our streets (and, for that matter, parking lots and walkways) clear of snow and ice so that we can go about the business of going about our business. Just imagine what things would be like without them? I know that I'm prone to taking for granted that when it snows, the township trucks will swiftly come around to plow and salt. There are a lot of things like that that I take for granted and I'm trying to wake up to that fact and pay closer attention to all who contribute to my/our day-to-day good fortune. Thank you!

No comments: