Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 16,204: In a New York Groove

(Lomo from my archives: Ripley, OH - March 2009)

Despite the temptation to take even more pictures of the snow in which we now find ourselves buried, I have resisted and decided to dig through my photo archives instead. Ache. I haven't had my Lomo LCA out and about since August. As in six whole months ago. Sigh.

The good news is that I will be dusting it off and loading it up for my trip to NEW YORK! I am delighted that I can confirm my attendance at Jen Lee's Integrate: A Voice and Story Retreat. Things should be thawed and budding for this April adventure. It will be the perfect time for a spring getaway, except that I'm not so much getting away as finding my way back to my words.

At various times in my life, I have written prolifically, but the last couple of years have proven to be a painful dry spell (as has been reflected here). I am counting the days until I get to meet this wonderful city that so many love so much ... and meet this talented woman whom I admire so much ... and get reacquainted with the writer in me whom I imagine, after prolonged postponement, has much that she wants to say.

No comments: