Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 16,331: Things I've Lost

I love Rob Brezny's Free Will Astrology. My forecast for the week of June 24 puts its finger squarely upon what I've been sensing upon the horizon but not quite capable of putting into words:

What have you lost in recent months, Libra? This week begins a phase when you will have the potential to not exactly recover it, but rather to re-create it on a higher level. Maybe a dream that seemed to unravel was simply undergoing a reconfiguration, and now you're primed to give it a new and better form of expression. Maybe a relationship that went astray was merely dying so it could get resurrected, with more honesty and flexibility this time around.

The first question took my breath away. I hadn't given myself permission to look at the changes this way, as loss, and yet there has been this pervasive sense of grief that comes with circumstances that feel beyond my control. The unraveling of dream. Yeah, that sounds about right.

I suppose that reconfiguration and resurrection are not without some measure of discomfort, mostly because I have a tendency to hold steadfast to old forms. Those ships may have sailed, but you'll find me on the shore watching and waiting for their return. I miss a lot of great opportunities that way.

There's no going back. But last I heard, it's not only okay but perfectly safe for me to change my mind. So why not muster some curiousity about what would happen if I release the dreams and plans that I had set for myself at the beginning of the year? They don't particularly feel like a good fit anymore anyway. What if I metaphorically or quite literally put a match to them and let them burn? Maybe from those ashes will arise what is now meant to be for me.

No comments: