Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 16,716: Looking In, Looking Out

I have been basking in the afterglow of Shinpiden Reiki Teacher training which wrapped up on July 3. This is a powerful class and it really does take me a week or two to fully land afterward. My practice (and gratitude) have gone deeper as a result. And I am counting many new friends among my blessings.

Although I am quite late to the party, I've become completely enchanted by all things iPhoneography lately. You can find me on Instagr.am at juloftheday. My photo app collection is growing out of control and, well, it feels pretty good to give myself over to learning something new with complete abandon. It seems to be a theme for me this year.

That said, my sketchbook journal has been suffering from a bit of neglect in recent weeks, but it is always by my side just the same. I appreciate that it's handy for collecting the ephemera and notes of day-to-day life, but it isn't working for me as well as it could if I do not include drawing in the mix. And I haven't. Not since Florida a month ago. A month is too long. I am grateful to recognize this sooner than later.

From Taos to the sea and then to Reiki training, it has been two months of transformation. In so many ways, I feel like I have been taken apart and put back together again. Travel outward and inward has a way of making everything look and feel completely different upon returning home. I am in a state of assessment ... uncertain of what needs me to rededicate myself to it and what needs to be released. But trust me, multiple options is the best kind of problem to have.

Share with me what July is looking and feeling like for you ...

No comments: