Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 16,801: Birthday Gratitude

Bright blessings all around as I celebrate my 46th trip around the sun ...

The day started with coffee and scones with a dear friend at a neighborhood shop that has a way of stealing your heart. The wise fellow in the photo above (born through local artist, Michelle Blades) was a sweet gift and shall humbly serve as a precious totem to accompany me on this next leg of my journey. After breakfast, Amy and I were able to steal a walk on the forested trails of a local park. It's something that I always feel called to do on my birthday ... devote part of the day to nature and honor the festive decay around me as the confetti of my own rebirth.

The day kept getting better and better ...

Lunch with my husband in the Hofbrauhaus Bier Garden, just basking in the sunshine and Cincinnati Skyline. A half liter of 1810 Prince Ludwig may have been consumed. And then my favorite dinner was prepared with love at home that night ... chicken enchiladas and homemade cherry cheesecake.

Best wishes from friends and family flowed in throughout the day via phone calls, e-mails, texts, and Facebook. Constant reminders that above all else goes love.

My heart is brimming with gratitude ...

No comments: