Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 16,804 Gratitude

Every day I think about how I have fallen one day further behind in my 60 in 60 project. I won't lie. Each day a shouldness knot begins to loop and tug in my stomach. But then I breathe, remind myself that there's still plenty of time, and that I am always, always, always free to change the plan, change my mind ... anytime I choose. (You have that freedom, too, my friend.) Yes, even when a deal's a deal.

I am so grateful that I've given myself the gift of space and time to deeply grieve Fred's passing. He deserved it. I deserved it, too.

I am grateful that I've given myself the gift of space and time to deeply celebrate my birthday. The completion of another journey around the sun is worthy of it. I am worthy of it, too.

And I am grateful that I've given myself the gift of full engagement in this particular turn of the wheel of the year. There will be no wistful sighs, as in years past, over missing the the transition from summer to fall. I've been embracing it, wide awake and fully present. All of autumn's magic tricks of light, sound, and sensation have not been lost on me.

What are you feeling grateful right now?

No comments: