Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 16,969: The Code


I used to think that there was a code to crack in terms of productivity -- one single secret that, once discovered, would forever free me from procrastination and apathy.  I don't believe that anymore.  I think that every single day presents its own unique code for cracking based upon numerous internal and external factors.  I think we are constantly called to meet ourselves wherever we're at, moment to moment, with kindness and compassion.  I think that we have to become an expert at articulating our needs, because those left unnamed and unmet are energy sucks.  At the same time, gentle nudges of encouragement in the form of setting ourselves up to show up can be immensely helpful.  But I no longer use the term non-negotiable when it comes to what I want and need to do.  It's been retired with never, always and should.

No comments: