Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 17,260 Gratitude: Good Mail


I'm an old-fashioned girl and good old-fashioned snail mail will always be the quickest way to win my heart.  Today I received Kim Taylor's new "Love's a Dog" CD which I happily helped to back via the awesomeness that is Kickstarter.  There is a lot to be said for seizing opportunities to help others bring their dream projects to life.  And there is even more to be said for getting good mail in return. 

I am not burdening myself with resolutions this year.  Nor am I particularly inclined to cook up specific goals or plans.  When I say it that way, it sounds more sad than liberating.  But I really (and quite simply) just want to be the best me that I can be right now ... which is all about willingness.  GENTLE willingness.  To show up.  To put out.  And then do it again.

But good mail, yes, I think I can manage to send more of it this year, to put more gratitude and glad tidings out into the world ... one mailbox at a time.

No comments: