Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 17,266 Gratitude: Driven


Time again to make that drive again.  Eastbound 32.  It's somewhere between dull and dismal, even in the best and brightest of circumstances.  In mid-January, it will break your heart.  Deep down, I know that she is glad to get back to school.  And, for her dad and me, we know that our nest isn't really empty.  It's good for us to get to periodically miss what and who we love.  It simultaneously makes our hearts stronger and more tender.  We learn to treasure those precious times together and value the blessed means through which we can stay connected when apart.  For all that I discover and remember on this five-hour round-trip drive, I am so deeply grateful.

Prefer to listen to me read this to you?
Click here, then click the post's MP4 link on the left.
Right click, "Save Target As" on MP4 link to download.

No comments: