Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 16,273: At Random

Setting ...
It’s a cold, cloudy damp day. Although almost May, I am running our space heater at full blast. And you can bet that I won’t be ashamed to turn on the furnace if necessary. Just three more degrees and it will be. I am warm for only three months out of the year, but only outdoors. Indoors, I spend the summer in a sweater whining about the air conditioning. At this point in my life, I welcome hot flashes. Bring. Them. On.

Rejoicing ...
About real mail in my post office box! Katie and Beth took me up on my pen-pal offer. How about you? Please do!

Congratulating ...
Myself for a triumphant return to my workbench today. I spent my lunch hour wire-wrapping a pendant. This is big. I haven’t made one this year. It had been so long that I had to pace around the room like a dog turning circles before laying down. I was terrified that I had forgotten how to make them. Wrapper’s block. I sat there for a little while with the wire and pliers and did what I had no other choice but to do. Give myself permission to make a sh*tty pendant. (With a tip of the hat and all due respect to Anne Lamott’s advice in Bird by Bird.) Guess what? The final piece isn’t sh*tty at all. Seems the only thing that I had forgotten is how much I love to make them. Now I just need to keep the momentum going and continue to keep perfectionism out of it.

Juicing ...
Mondays have become my juice feasting day. Today I juiced a 48 ounce batch of the following:

1 pineapple
2 cucumbers
2 pears
1 lemon
1 gigantic container of baby spinach

Believe it or not, this will hold me over for the whole day. But don’t believe for one second that I won’t come home from yoga tonight on a mad hunt for pretzels. I will. Always happens. But I know that I have the power to prevail ... if I go directly to bed after class. A distinct possibility.

Hoping ...
That your week is off to a great start! Tell me some good news!

No comments: