Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 16,675: Beyond Words

I keep coming to this page
Hoping that I'm finally ready
To put the New Mexico experience into words
I could try to tell it like a story
But it's really stories within stories
And I'm not sure which of them are mine to tell
Or that any of them happened anywhere other
Than inside my own high desert drunken imagination
Magical, powerful, transformative
Some places have a way of redefining
Who we thought ourselves to be
Things happen there that defy explanation
Not one thing or three things
But the whole, holy experience
That's how this adventure unfolded for me
From the moment of departure
Until we landed, blinking and bewildered, back home
I thought I'd signed up for an art workshop
And got so much more than I had bargained for
My grateful heart has been broken open
And I have no idea what to do from here

No comments: