Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 17,171 Gratitude: Saturn and Such


So much to tell you since my last post ...

Saturn moved out of Libra on Friday, October 5.  He and I had been doing the astro tango since September 2007 when it moved into my Virgo Ascendant.  It's my spin that most things (be they planets or people) have about as much power over us as we give them, but here I am on the other side of this extensive transit, humbled.  My sharpest edges are smoother.  I am more flexible and less attached.  I have learned to sit down, shut up, and listen.  And now, five years older, a little wiser and with everything surrendered into hands far more capable than mine, I welcome the sense of lightness and ease that is settling in like the sun breaking through after thunderstorms.  I made it.  And I am better for it.

On Saturday, October 6, I turned 47 years old.  I drew the Angel Cards above.  It was supposed to be just one, but they stuck together as they sometimes do.  Humour and Delight ... I don't know that I could've chosen a better theme for this next journey around the sun.  The older I get, the more that I am drawn like a magnet to opportunities for playfulness and fun.  Laughter keeps us limber, inside and out.  Bring it on. 

There's so much more to share with you  ... the thousands of birds that take flight over our neighborhood every single morning ... the magical hike at the local nature center with a dear friend ... the new Royal Blue Chalcedony ring that found me ... how great it was to have my daughter home for my birthday weekend ... my swanky new glasses ... the gift of brownies from Boston ... the list of rebirthing blessings goes on and on.  May it suffice to say that my well is full.  Gratitude fuels me as I move forward into this new chapter of my life.  Again, thanks as always for sharing it with me. 

No comments: