Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 17,179: With Childlike Wonder


I have completed re-entry after a visit with my puppeteering Wonder Twin, who is wrapping up a two week tour at the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta.  The timing of it gave me an excuse to give myself a birthday getaway and the chance to let my inner child out to play.  I got so much more than I could've expected.  A room full of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer characters nearly brought me to joyful tears.  Also had the good fortune of getting to see a performance of the The Ghastly Dreadfuls ... truly a highlight of the trip!  Margaritas and carne asada tacos from here and honey-soaked goat cheese balls here, all savored outdoors and in good company, took me to my happy place.  The High Museum and Piedmont Park Botanical Garden left me infinitely inspired.  I've come home with my stomach still sore from all the laughing and my creative cup overflowing.  I couldn't be more ready to dive into my personal new year and explore what wants to be born.

For dear and talented friends, playful adventures, and tapping back into the childlike wonder that is always available to us all, I am so very grateful.

No comments: