Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sacred Life Sunday

Yesterday, for Valentine's Day, I treated myself to an online viewing of Dr. Wayne Dyer's Ambition to Meaning. It was a sweet and thought-provoking movie ... I enjoyed it so much that I ordered the DVD immediately afterward. Did not hesitate. Simply couldn't resist. I know that I'll pick up something new each time I view it. Besides, I like to keep inspirational movies on hand for those days when I need something to inspire me to pull my thumb out of my mouth. I've often thought of joining Spiritual Cinema Circle so I can further build my collection.

The 1000 Journals movie is at the top of my wish list right now. I expect it to be every bit as inspiring as Dr. Dyer's film, but maybe in a different way. Then again, maybe not so different after all. I see spirituality and creativity as one and the same. Show me an artist doing their thing ... working their magic ... bringing an idea to life ... and it is every bit as powerful to me as witnessing a baby's birth.

On that note, what about The Beckoning of Lovely film? Oh my heavens, it isn't even MADE yet and I'm pining! Go, Amy, go!

And, finally, heard gushy-great things about Happy-Go-Lucky but completely missed it when (if?) it passed through theaters here in town. Now I must sit on my hands and wait patiently for it to come out on DVD. Sigh.

Okay, spill it, sisters. What films have inspired you recently or even indefinitely? I LOVE recommendations. Please share!!!

No comments: