Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tuesday Reiki Tales ... on Wednesday

I seem to be running on a one-day delay this week. I blame it on the snow. We received seven inches yesterday on top of what hadn't melted from last week's storm. Just trying (hard) to go with the (frozen) flow.

I was supposed to give the first Reikifest treatment last night. Understandably, she had to cancel. So the first appointment will now be on Saturday at high noon.
I have spent a lot of time in the literal Jakk's Magic Beans Workshop ... setting up the massage table and getting it fit for company. There's obviously not a whole lot of room to play with ... but efficiency is the key.

I've spent years visualizing what I want the real Jakk's Magic Beans Workshop to look like some day. There will be lots of space for creating ... and not just by myself. I would love to have groups and maybe, if I dare to dream, even offer classes. There will be a separate Reiki room for treatments. And there will be a kitchenette because I feel like I might be moving toward doing some raw food demos in the future. I have so much I want to share. See, no shortage of dreams ... I just need to turn up the volume on the conjuring!

Anyway, Reiki Tales, that's what this post is supposed to be about. Reiki Tales Tuesdays started years ago when I was visiting the local no-kill shelter to give Reiki to the kitties awaiting their forever homes. If you dig around my archives, I'm sure you will find the posts with the pictures. I am hoping to be able to spread out my vacation time this year so that I can get back there for an hour or two every Tuesday. It made a difference. For me. For the cats. It was funny. They would get treated and then they'd get adopted within a week or two. I was doing my best to keep track, but I'd like to try again and keep consistent records. I might be onto something! Even if I'm not, it was fun and it sure felt like I was making a difference.

So these Reiki Tales posts will be about future shelter visits, yes, but other things of the Reiki persuasion as well. Reiki as a way of life for me and its marriage with my art. I love to answer questions, so comment or e-mail and I'll be glad to answer privately or in a future Reiki Tales post. What comes up a lot is the need for some kind of explanation as to how Reiki works. So how to explain the unexplanable?

Here's my best attempt ...

I think of people as radio transmitters. We go through our day sending different frequencies based upon our mood, our energy level, what we are thinking about or doing. We also go through our day picking up the frequencies of other transmitters, um, er, people. Sometimes those frequencies uplift us. Other times, not so much.

As a Reiki practitioner, I have been attuned to offer a frequency that can have a profoundly relaxing effect. Through a Reiki treatment, be it in-person or at a distance, I intend for this frequency to serve the recipient's highest good. Of course, Reiki can do no harm and always goes where it is needed. I have no control over the recipient or if/how the Reiki will serve them. But if the recipient can connect with that frequency through the treatment, then they can be uplifted to a frequency which allows them access to deep rest and, maybe from there, some healing in whatever way that they may need it.

I do not see myself as a healer. The recipient does their own healing. I like to think of myself as a facilitator. I hold the space for them to relax enough to allow themselves whatever it is that they need.

That said, I want to share that there are a lot of Reikifest appointments available, so I am expanding the scope of my offer. If you're not in the Greater Cincinnati area, but you would like to try a distance Reiki treatment, please contact me. The treatment is free and a nice opportunity to give it a try. Just pick the day and time from the list on the Reikifest page. Distance treatments can be sent to you, a loved one, even a project or situation of your choice. If you would like more details, please let me know.

No comments: