Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sacred Life Sunday ... Meets Show-and-Tell Saturday

I try to keep my computer off on Sundays. Unfortunately, it is an impossible promise to keep if I want to acknowledge Sacred Life Sunday. So I've tried to write my SLS post on Saturday ... which I have more or less deemed to be the day for my weekly show-and-tell. Seems like I've got some figuring-out to do, which is a laughable understatement, but I hope that you'll play along.

My love for mandalas is no secret around here. I have had a blast with the Spinlights Stained Glass coloring book these last couple of months. As you know, it's been my creative outlet during my lightbox time. Now that the coloring book is complete, I am trying to get back to freehand drawing of white pencil on black paper, inspired by Judith Cornell's teachings. The notebook is smallish, so it isn't as though I am demanding a masterpiece from myself every morning. But it feels surprisingly awkward and I'm wanting another coloring book instead. I will do my best to stick with it.

I have started a new Reiki shawl. I took a bit of break since completing the last one. I always marvel at how much I need to crochet on a daily basis. I always wonder why I think I need a break in the first place. Loving this shade of green.

Finally, I setup my playspace for a new creation box. That was all that I asked of myself for this facet ... just to get everything in one place, so that I can sit down and get started when the mood strikes. Except that the mood never struck this week. Some coaxing may be in order. Better yet, bribery. The first step is prepping the paper. The second is applying it to the box. From there, I will be on a roll.

So what does all of this showing-and-telling have to do with my sacred life? Creativity is a big part of who I am ... no matter how much or how little I actually apply it each week. Hey, avoidance and procrastination take creativity too! But when I dare to show up and let it flow for good, I feel most closely connected to what I just plain call God. Art is my worship.

How about you? Do you see the divinity in your creativity? What does it mean to you?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments: