Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Post in Which I Clarify My Post

So I really can't explain why my post this morning evidently missed the mark at which I was aiming. It was supposed to be lighter than it came across. Really. At least that's how it read in my head.

First, I should have clarified what I meant by being stood up. Picture me at a restaurant or other public place ... waiting, waiting, waiting ... and the person I'm waiting for being a no-show because they have us scheduled to meet on a different day or at a different time. Sometimes they just plain forget that we have plans. I have to make the where-are-you call and it's embarrassing for us both but mostly ends in a good laugh. Disappointing? Yes. Frustrating? Sure. Tragic? No. So, please, no worries. It always ends well.

The point that I was trying to make is that when it seems like something is being done to or around me on a frequent basis, it's a cosmic nudge. Odds are that, on some level, I'm doing that thing or something like it to myself. Food for thought. That's all.

My apologies if anything was misconstrued. I'll keep my post writing to the evening after I have had my daily dose of caffeine. Thanks for your concern, dear ones.

No comments: