Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Reiki for Animals

I invite you to watch this lovely and informative segment on Animal Reiki that was on the PBS program, Healing Quest. It features my teacher, Kathleen Prasad, who is doing amazing things. She is co-founder of SARA (Shelter Animal Reiki Association), which is bringing the practice and teaching of Reiki into shelters and sanctuaries across the U.S. and beyond.

I have been practicing Reiki for ten years, attuned to Reiki I in October 2000. I didn't consider treating animals until I read Kathleen's first book, Animal Reiki, and took her core curriculum workshop in 2006. I fell in love with Reiki all over again. Her teachings made me a more confident and competent practitioner, regardless of whether I was treating animals or people. I will be forever grateful.

Kathleen will be traveling from California this weekend to speak at a conference of holistic veterinarians. I have the good fortune of being able to help the team at the SARA booth by giving 10-minute Reiki treatments to conference attendees who are interested and answering any questions that they may have about the practice of this Japanese energy technique.

If YOU have any questions about Reiki, please let me know here in the comments or by e-mail.

No comments: