Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 16,786 Gratitude

Although I have been diligent about sharing what I've wrapped each day, I am a couple of days behind with sharing my gratitude. Let's catch up ...

Ah wrapping. It never ceases to amaze me how it's like riding a bike. Once I break through the thick cobwebs of resistance (which unfailingly regenerate each day), I'm not only fine but fantastic. My hands, the wire, the pliers ... they each know what to do and when to do it without me getting all thoughty-thought-thought about it. All the more evidence that the designs come through me, not from me. I'm simply (and gratefully) bringing into form that which has been waiting to be born.

I'm grateful for miso soup ... a new love of mine. I like the Kikkomon packets of miso soup just fine. But I recently discovered South River Miso and look forward to basking in the benefits from the love and care that goes into their handcrafted miso. I have much to learn.

Last, but not least, I am grateful for the healthtastic elixir that is cabernet. Bavarian Princess that I am and living in Cincinnati as I do, my adult beverage of choice is usually (or used to be) a good beer. A dear friend introduced to red wine this year and after the initial shock to my taste buds wore off, I discovered that I like it. Dr. Oz advises that one glass of red wine per day can be good for the heart and skin, thanks to its antioxidant and anti-aging properties. Praise to the grape! So, at long last, I decided to gratefully uncork this bottle of Ken Griffey, Jr. cabernet last night. It had been gathering dust for years after I won it in a fundraiser raffle. Okay, so it was less of a choice than it was the only option on hand. But thank goodness for it and all of the goodness that it offers (especially the good laugh), just the same.

Tell me what you're loving these days ...

No comments: