Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 16,793 Gratitude

When I decided to wire-wrap 60 pendants in 60 days, I knew that I had about enough sterling silver wire in my inventory to cover the first ten pendants. This wire had been ordered many years ago, so I had completely fallen out of touch with the escalating price of silver. When I perused the six-month-old catalog to gather information to order wire for the next ten pendants, I was flabbergasted at the exponential increase. When I mustered the courage to finally enter the order into the system, I discovered that those prices had doubled from what had been published. For better or worse, I placed the order anyway because for me, a deal's a deal.

I'm now looking at this fresh delivery of new wire that costs 30 cents, 50 cents and close to 75 cents per inch. Most pendants will require anywhere from 1.5 feet to 3 feet of it. For a moment or two, I wondered if I'd shot myself in the foot ... with this order ... with this project. Wallowing ensured. But still. The heart of the matter never waivered. A deal's a deal.

Call me crazy, but I made a promise to wire-wrap 60 pendants, my entire crystal and gemstone inventory in the queue, within 60 days. Years before that promise, I vowed to use my knowledge and gifts to be of service. A mineralogical matchmaker, of sorts. Again, a deal's a deal.

I trust that those who need these pendants will not only find me and them, but also recognize the love that is poured into each one. Precious metals prices are what they are. Thus the price of the pendants will be what they will be. I will continue to show up and do my part. The rest I will put into hands much bigger than mine with faith that all is and will continue to be well.

For all of this and so much more, I am so grateful ...

1 comment:

Kim Lunay said...

I am grateful too, to have met you!! Wrap on, girlie!!!!