Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 17,195 Gratitude: Treated


Over the last year or two, I've taught several Reiki classes.  All of them from my home.  This weekend's class was the first at a local shelter.  They have approximately 400 dedicated volunteers and not one single paid staff member at this no-kill facility that's brimming with animals and love.  It is such an honor to be here.  In the moment this photo was taken, before any students had arrived, I had the chance to really contemplate the impact of what it is that I am offering here.  It is one thing to give treatments.  One wonderful thing.  But it is something altogether different, deeper, to teach people how to treat themselves ... to treat others ... to become a force of healing and compassion in a world that sorely needs it.  My students don't know it when they get here and class begins, but when our class ends, they do.  Life will never be the same.  And for the privilege of facilitating this discovery, I am so deeply grateful.

P.S.
Although not born on a Monday, there is a new mandala for you to download and color.

No comments: