Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 17,200 Gratitude: Goodness


I don't know if it's all due to sitting under some lucky star or hitting the karmic lotto, but over the last couple of years I have met and befriended a number of amazing and inspiring people.  Through their encouragement and example, they have helped to resurrect the creatrix in me.  Each of them, in their own unique way, make me think, make me laugh, and make me bring my best to the table.  Many of these newish friends are professional artists.  Some are not.  But all of them are brave, prolific and steadfast in their craft ... whatever that may be and however that may be woven into their day-to-day lives.  They are wholly unapologetic about who they are, what they have to offer and what they need to thrive.  What is borne of it and of them is beautiful, heartfelt and, in its own way, healing.  In a world sorely in need of more whimsy and why-nots, I am so happy to have had the good fortune to find these good people who are such good examples to us all. 

For the precious opportunity to gather with a few of them this weekend to contemplate and toast the year that is closing and the one that is to come, I am so deeply grateful.

No comments: