Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 16,162

APPRECIATING ... how great a pot of homemade soup tastes the second day. Not to say that it isn't awesome the first night, but something magical happens when it spends the night in the refrigerator and gets reheated the next day. I can't say the same for freezing it. Not the same. (This recipe for Curried Carrot soup is an absolute favorite.)

CELEBRATING ... rumors of our first "real" snow "storm" of this winter. Word on the street is that it will start on Thursday and snow through Friday. The current prediction is for 2-4 inches. Around here, that means anywhere from a dusting to a foot. There will be a media frenzy either way.

BASKING ... in the welcome scent of Aura Cacia Eucalyptus essential oil. Feeling a smidge congested today and this brings immediate relief.

SAVORING ... luscious ruby red grapefruit that we received as a gift for Christmas. They have helped to ease my sadness that pomegranates are gone for another year. I didn't start enjoying grapefruit until around the time that I turned 40. Now I'm lamenting the decades that I missed out on their soury sweetness. (Makes me wonder what else I've been missing out on.)

PRAISING ... myself for going to the gym for, get this, FIVE straight days. What's more is that the last two days were all by myself like a big girl! It's so true ... the hardest part is mustering the motivation and courage to show up. (A bit of a theme for me.) I won't lie. I feel really intimidated, but it's been fairly easy to coax myself to stay for at least 45 minutes. I'm not hiding out in the locker area either. Most of my time is spent on the treadmill since the weather hasn't been conducive to walking outdoors. I have been trying to add a few minutes on the bike as well, but not digging much. I already feel more energy in return for the effort. Consistency is the key for me. I have to keep nudging myself forward until (hopefully) it becomes a habit.

What are YOU appreciating, celebrating, basking, savoring and/or praising today?

No comments: