Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 16,861 Gratitude

Today I am so grateful ...

That with (significant) encouragement, I walked outside for 50 whole minutes despite the fact that we were receiving record rainfall for this date to the tune of 2.76". Officially. It was relatively warm and gave the illusion of being a soggy, spring day ... not so much like pre-winter at all. The hardest part was having to walk in the street and dodge the UPS truck flying its way around the neighborhood, but in the long run (or walk), it was so worth it.

For reliable handy people. Dan and I know enough about household repairs to be dangerous. We are not to be trusted with tools. This is why it was in our wedding vows that we shall always call upon the experts when warranted. Our home was built in the mid 70s and needs the kind of TLC that a house of this age often requires. After ten years here, we decided to pay for a home inspection to get a handle on what needs immediate attention. We more than received our money's worth from this appointment just by how much we learned about our home. Now we are in the process of addressing issues. Replacing the elderly water heater. Having some insulation blown in. Attending to some electrical issues to bring our fuse box up to the 21st century. It feels good to attend to what needs attending and know who to call to help.

For staying the course. I am pleased and proud to have kissed goodbye seven pounds since I started using the Livestrong app. Trust me, no woman ever wants to see her pre-delivery pregnancy weight flash at her on the scale. Ever. The best part is that I haven't had to give up anything besides my unrealistic portion sizes. I just need to reconcile calories consumed and calories burned so that I am at or below my calorie goal at the end of each day. Most days I am. Some days I am not. Either way it's okay. I just make a commitment to show up again the next day. And the next. And the next.

What's making you feel grateful these days?

No comments: