Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 16,863 Gratitude

Today I am so grateful ...

For those festive souls who go above and beyond the call of decorating duty. This is my daughter's boyfriend's house. His father is a collector of holiday inflatables. Their Halloween display is every bit as enthusiastic, but Christmas is my favorite. I can't imagine how long it takes them to setup and take down this display. Nor can I guess how much this costs them in terms of electricity. But I am grateful that it's in my neighborhood and running all day long. I can get out and walk past it anytime I need some cheer, which on dreary days is quite often.

What is filling you with cheer right now?

1 comment:

Beth said...

wow! that is a lot of santas. I love the trailer and the santa on the motorcycle the best.
we were the first on our street with Christmas lights (and a Christmas dog!). I've been happy to see the past week or so that some other neighbors have joined in. No displays like this one in your neighborhood though!