Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 16,876 Gratitude: Lost and Found

Today I am so grateful for ...

The nostalgia of the season and tripping over photos of Christmases past, including this one, her first in 1993. Christmases are different now that she is nearly grown. I do miss the magic of the Santa years, but I celebrate that new traditions are taking shape and our options for the holidays are more flexible and expansive than ever before.

The wonder of the daily list. I don't want to call it a "to do" list. I don't even like to call it an "I will" list anymore. "Daily" list is good enough for me. A flexible flight plan of sorts. Something that I can glance at throughout the day to help keep me on track. I would be lost this week without it.

The dear hearts that keep asking me about the new wire and how wrapping is going. They, too, keep me from getting lost and losing hope. It's here. It's all here. And I will get back to it very soon.

Realizing that everything (and everyone) pretty much lives up (or down) to the expectations that I have for and of them. Most situations and relationships are only as positive as the stories that I tell myself about them. At this incredibly busy time, as this year fast draws to a close, I am paying closer attention to what I am telling myself and others (over and over again) about where I am, what is true and the power that I have to change what's due for it.

What is true for you this December?

No comments: