Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 17,031 Gratitude


Today I am so grateful for these exciting times ...

Tonight brought the first of three classes at the Art Academy of Cincinnati which lead up to my dear friend Amy Bogard's Sketchbook Journaling Workshop in Taos, New Mexico.  Last year, I was a student participant, but this year I have the good fortune of attending and serving as Amy's official helper.  We have a fun and talented group of women preparing to embark on this journey.  About half went on the trip last year and are eager to get back.  The newer half are about to get their socks knocked off by what lies ahead.  Keeping an illuminated journal on a day-to-day basis captures life in a way that a camera and handwritten diary cannot.  Keeping one while traveling has a way of truly tapping one into miracles and magic that must experienced to be understood. 

This is my daughter's last week of high school.  The significance of these days is not lost on me.  Having only one child, parenting has always been a one-way street.  The line between firsts and lasts has always been blurred.  Her dad and I have taken nothing for granted along the way.  She graduates with honors on Sunday.  Three months from today, we will move her into her college dorm.  This chapter of parenting is deeply bittersweet but all is as it should be.  To everything, turn, turn, turn.

Again, exciting times.  There is so much to look forward to in the weeks and months ahead ... and yet I find myself perfectly content in each moment with so much to bask in and savor along the way.  My heart and calendar are full.

No comments: