Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 16,495 Gratitude

So grateful for the first measurable snowfall today, which is funny because measurable snowfall plus grateful wouldn't normally appear in the same sentence for me. But there was a special kind of magic to what fell today. It was moist and heavy. The roads stayed wet and passable while the grass, trees and structures were blanketed. I like to call it mashed potato snow. The perfect kind of snow to put one in the holiday spirit. (But not so great for those with snowmen on their mind. All in due time.)

So grateful for a stolen date night this evening while the daughter was at work. Soon enough, she will fly from our nest and it will be just the two of us again. But, in the meantime, we have so much fun stealing time away together when we can find it.

And, speaking of the daughter, so grateful that her first day of in-car driver's ed went well. The weather was making her anxious, but thankfully it wasn't so bad that it had to be cancelled.

So grateful to confirm that I will be teaching my first Reiki I class in January. When I became a Reiki I practitioner in October 2000, I never dreamed that I would one day be teaching. It was the furthest thing from my mind. Just goes to show that you just never know.

So grateful to announce that Mandala Mondays will definitely return in January. I've missed coloring and I hope that you have too. More information to follow in the weeks to come.

No comments: