Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 16,925: The Process


Since I have resumed wrapping, I've definitely noticed a shift in my style.  The copper has inspired it.  Maybe even required it.  Hard to tell.  We're still getting to know each other.

I never predesign.  It never works.  Instead, I sit with the stone.  I stare at the wire.  I wait for a hunch.  Only then do I move forward.  Intuition leads the way. 

What I think a pendant will look like when I begin is usually nowhere near what it looks like at the end.  If I'm doing it right, there will be at least one point, typically halfway through, when I find myself convinced that the design won't hold and that everything up to that point has been a waste of time and wire. 

But guess what ...

It always holds.  It's never a waste.  It's all about trust.  A constant reminder to keep moving forward anyway, for which I am so grateful.

No comments: