Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 17,286 Gratitude: Shells and Such


February feels to me like the last leg of a very long race.  A marathoner, I am not.  The only antidote to winter weariness is delight.  I consider myself fortunate to have dear friends who are irresistible magnets for such and generous in sharing their discoveries.

One amiga recently sent the sweet and hilarious Marcel the Shell with Shoes On and then Marcel the Shell with Shoes On ... Two.  Next thing you know, I'm all "Guess what I really want, but I'm not gonna beg for it.  My own Marcel to sit on my computer.  You know, to keep me company as I toil ... to remind that it's worth it to smile."

Lo and behold, a wee box appeared in my mail today.  With the help of some sculpy, a dollop of whimsy, and her ninja skills in magical manifestation, my BFF created and surprised me with that for which I'd been wishing.  Since my Marcel's arrival, I've been pretty much smiling all over the place.  You know, in between snackin' and snoozin'.

Happy surprises, given and received, are worth their weight in gold.  These February days will be a bit brighter thanks to my new work buddy.  For that I am so grateful.

No comments: