Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Michele!

August Birthday-palooza ends with one of my very best friends, Michele. We have been friends since 7th grade. Call me crazy, but I LOVED middle school and that is due, in large part, to my friendship with Michele. We have so many great memories ... but a few not-so-great ones too. She still plays a very large part in my life today, three decades beyond those tumultuous teenage years. We don't get to see each other as often as we'd like, but we unfailingly pickup right where we left off. She is another dear one who I know I can call on, no matter what, night or day. Even more important is knowing that my daughter has this same assurance.

Michele is one of the most generous people I know, be it of her time or her resources. And she is one of those special people in this world who makes service to others her livelihood. Her gentle care has touched many, many lives in the process. It is an honor to be her soul sister.

No comments: