Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 16,554 Gratitude

From the Archives: February, 2007


Today I am so grateful ...

For hawk medicine. I have had two significant encounters with red-tailed hawks, two days in a row, with both involving the capture of prey. There was a third encounter today as one flew by me to perch upon a power line just as I was driving by. I am meditating on what the message(s) might be. The picture above was taken almost four years ago, when a hawk left a feather on our patio. No kidding. I looked out the window and there it was. Had to take the picture, because it was so hard believe. Turns out that 2007 was a very significant year for me. Hawk may be trying to tell me that 2011 is powering up to be the same.

For the U.S. Postal Service and their assistance in getting my Magic Beans out into this world. Mail service is one of those things that's so easy to take for granted, but I couldn't do what I do without them.

For open-mindededness.

For flexibility.

For chicken and dumplings eaten by the fire.

As this gigantic winter storm races its way across the country, what are you grateful for today?

No comments: