Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 16,573 Gratitude

Today I am so grateful ...

For the afterglow from an evening of gourmet mac & cheese lovin' at Keystone in Covington. The Buffalo Springfield is a religious experience. A slice of chocolate cake may have followed. I was swooning so hard that I can't remember. Have mercy!

For an afternoon spent wire-wrapping new earrings beside the fire. We enjoyed a lovely stretch of early spring weather, but I don't mind this colder day and the sleety sprinkles that came with it. I say that only because I had the lazy luxury to stay home all day, jammified.

For the sweet knowing that tomorrow is a federal holiday. A three day weekend ... the last until Memorial Day.

For plans afoot to return to NYC with the Cincinnati friend I had to go there to meet. The idea started off as one of those wishful "wouldn't it be nice if" conversations. A whirlwind visit -- one day in, the next day out. Now the ball is rolling. Research is being done. Dates are being entertained. Fingers are being held and breath is being crossed. Never under-estimate the power in and momentum of a wish.

For the arrival of robins. Maybe they've been back for awhile, but today was the first day that I saw several of them in our backyard on a massive worm hunt. All of the birds are busy now and the cardinals, in particular, have been singing their hearts out. The seasonal tide has turned.

What are you feeling grateful for today?

No comments: