Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 16,590 Gratitude

Today I am so grateful ...

For the momentum that I seem to be gaining in my sketchbook journal. I have (cautiously) decided to take a break from writing morning pages. I have been writing first thing in the morning for at least ten years. It's a practice that has come very naturally to me, but I don't think it's helping me to grow creatively. It's more like habitually picking up whatever I was chewing on from the day before, similar to a dog turning a hundred circles before it lays down. I would like to try a blank canvas ... literally and figuratively. I'm curious whether the energy that went into my morning writing will reroute itself to my sketches and other creative outlets. I'm willing to give it some time and see how it goes.

For this heartfelt post by Connie. I watched the program and ... I'm still processing. Can it be that after our darkest hour, after all else has been lost, there's art to save us? I can see why so many feel called to help in Haiti and why it must be incredibly hard to leave. Still so much to be done. So very much ...

No comments: