Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 16,607 Gratitude

Today I am so grateful that we went to see the Cincinnati Rollergirls at the ol' Cincinnati Gardens tonight (and reminisced about seeing Van Halen there in 1984). Come on, who among us doesn't have an inner rollergirl just waiting to break free and push a few people around (all in the name of fun, of course)? My family and I aren't entirely clear on the rules, but learned enough to follow along. The team is certainly not lacking in support ... they're drawing quite a crowd. You already know that I'm a sucker for supporting those who are out there doing what they love. A good time was had by Team Keefe and I'm sure that we'll be back. And if, one day, I should get the opportunity to live out my rollergirl fantasy, my name shall be Jakk Hammer. Beware.

Today I am so grateful for a walk/run this morning that included an encounter with six deer. I turned the corner into my neighborhood and they were slowly following each other across the street. They looked at me but didn't appear to be alarmed. I kept walking closer. Finally, we were directly across the street from each other. It was amazing! Then they slowly continued on their way. A few moments of medicine magic. It will never stop thrilling me that we share this land with them.

Today I am so grateful that the Ametrine iAmulet has found a forever home. I know that there were at least a couple of you watching it ... mulling. If it's any consolation, I listed two new pairs of earrings today. More wrappings on the way!

Today I am so grateful that, if the electronics gods will allow, we will soon be streaming Netflix through our TV. My husband is trying to work his I.T. magic, but now faces some obstacles which we hope can be resolved soon. My fingers are cramped from crossing.

And, last but not least, today I am so grateful that indulging in an afternoon nap is on life's long list of sweetest things.

I hope that you, too, are basking in gratitude this weekend.

No comments: