Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 16,529 Gratitude

Today I am so grateful ...

For the Art of Making Things Easy for Myself. So simple. My "today I will" lists created the foundation. It's so much easier to chart the course for the day when I have written down what I intend to accomplish. I am trying to get into the habit of taking one walk per day. More than one is outstanding, but for right now just one is an accomplishment. By applying the Art of Making Things Easy for Myself, I take the simple step of putting on my walking shoes in the morning on my work-from-home days. This way I can go when inspiration strikes (or coax myself out the door if it doesn't). The point is that I'm doing something that makes it that much easier for me to do what I say I'll do. If I have to go change my shoes, it gives me an easy out. If I want to make sure that I have a green smoothie everyday, I keep enough fruit and greens on hand. Otherwise, trust me, Fritos for lunch will win. The night before my husband plans to work out at the gym, he packs his bag with what he needs and puts it by the door. It isn't as easy to make excuses when we have all that we need to succeed all ready to go. Yes, I know, I know, I know it sounds silly because it is so simple, but give it a try. Where and how can you make it easier for yourself to reach a goal? Have an appointment that you dread making? Get the phone number and hang it up where you can see it, preferably right by your phone. Have a task that you just can't bring yourself to tackle? Break it down into bite-sized morsels and take that small first step. Or (my personal favorite) set the timer for 20 minutes and see how far you get. It's just 20 minutes and you can quit when the time is up, but I swear that you'll be shocked at what you can accomplish. Let me know how it goes.

For tea therapy with my soul friend, Frances. She has a grand adventure to Egypt on the horizon. Can you imagine?

For the smooth and easy flow of preparations in advance of teaching my very first Level 1 Reiki/Reiki for Animals class tomorrow. Feeling so supported in cleaning up, clearing the space, and preparing the materials. Appreciating all of the good vibes being sent my way.

What blessings are you counting on this wintery Friday?

No comments: