Saturday, January 1, 2011

State of the Workshop Address - 1/1/11

Happy New Year!

Some of you may vaguely remember the lengthy manifesto that I posted last January. It fit well back then, fresh and passionate out of the gate for 2010. Although in many ways the sentiment remains the same, I've decided to make my Magic Beans Manifesto for 2011 short and sweet:

Here is what I love to make
Here is what I love to do
Please feel free to contact me
If something resonates with you

My marching orders are equally brief. Show up and put out. What good are gifts if not given, right? Where there's a will, there will always be time and resources to do so. Creativity is the key.

That said, here's what you can expect from Jakk's Magic Beans Workshop as we move forward into 2011:

* Mandala Mondays is coming back starting tomorrow. This means that there will be a fresh mandala for you to download and color (almost) every Monday. I need to spend more time coloring and I suspect that you do too. Keep them handy for travel, conference calls, and waiting rooms when stress levels can run especially high.

* Group labyrinth walks for each New and Full Moon are back on (albeit flexibly) in 2011. If you would like to be added to the reminder list, please go here and sign up. These reminders might be worthwhile even if you don't live in Cincinnati, as you may have a labyrinth to visit in your town. The message will remind you of the upcoming New/Full Moons with no obligation to participate. I am going to try to offer the playsheets again so that we can set intentions for what we are wanting to receive and release with each waxing and waning moon, which many found to be especially helpful in the past. In short, be there when you can, but don't worry when you can't (because even my attendance will have to be hit and miss due to work). Newcomers are always welcome. I'll post more information soon.

* My Etsy shop is slowly coming back to life. There were a few pairs of earrings that didn't make the cut for the recent giveaways. I have a new listing up for a custom Reiki shawl for you or someone you love. And the 2008 Mandala Mondays coloring e-books are relisted ... 25 mandalas to color in each volume. Supplies are on hand for new earrings soon and more supplies are on the way for new I-AMulets, so check the shop often for new additions.

* Reiki classes will be scheduled in the weeks ahead, specifically, Reiki I/Reiki for Animals. Reiki II classes will be scheduled in the second half of 2011. I am still looking for the ideal venue in the Greater Cincinnati area to hold future classes, but in the meantime classes will likely be held here at the Workshop in my home with my pets happily helping out. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. And if you are intersted in training, certainly contact me so that I can get you on the notification list.

* If you weren't aware and already signed up, Jakk's Magic Beans Workshop has a Facebook page. I would love it if you "Liked" it. You'll be notified of new posts and other Workshop news. It's a fun way for us to connect. Please pass it on.

I know that there is more to add, but right now I am being haunted by a can of shellac. I have a brand spankin' new sketchbook journal to christen today, thanks to Amy B. It wouldn't be the same if I started it on January 2. I know you understand. Blessings to you on this day of brand new!

No comments: