Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 16,531 Gratitude

Today I am so grateful ...

For the succor of sunshine. If you're in Cincinnati through January, you already know that this good stuff is at a premium. We bask in it when we get it. We desperately seek reminders of (and replacements for) it when we don't. As for me, I collect sun wall hangings. This winky one's rays play tricks with my eyes.

For the way that some days in our lives have a big, shiny gold star on them and impact our journey henceforth. And for having the good sense to notice.

For recognizing that this practice of deepening my gratitude seems to make these exceptional days come upon me with ever increasing frequency.

For well-worn and much loved flannel jammies to nap in and lounge away the sweet remainder of this Sun-Day.

For knowing that whatever I don't get to today can wait until tomorrow. All except for love.

I love it when you tell me what you're grateful for today.

No comments: